How to Donate Books
Donating Books To Books KC is easy:
- Contact us at 816.472.7799 ext. 231 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See below for materials we are able to accept and those which we cannot accept
- Due to the high cost of operating the Books KC truck, we ask that quantities of books less than 400 be brought to our location.
- If you are a business, the 400+ books must be boxed and placed in an area accessible to the truck. Our lead times for pickups range from 5-7 business days. Depending on the time of the lead times may be longer.
Book Drop-off SitesAbility KC Industries: (map)
- If you need assistance unloading, hours for drop-offs are 8-2 M-F.
- Please park in front of the glass doors, come inside and someone will help you unload. Assistance will not be available after 2:00 PM.
Book Drop-off Sites
Books may be dropped off in the large green book deposit bins at any of our drop off locations. For large donations or donations that exceed the bin's capacity please drop off at Ability KC Industries.
3010 Main Street, Kansas City MO 64108
Overland Park Recycling Center, 11921 Hardy Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66213.
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00PM, Saturday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Metro North Mall, at 400 NW Barry Road, Kansas City MO 64155 (map)
- Hours: Wednesday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Red Bridge Community Recycling Center
- 5200 E. Red Bridge Road, Kansas City, MO 64137 (map)
- Hours: Wednesday - Saturday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Hard and Soft bound books
Items with food, paint, or chemical spills or stains
Spiral bound items
Items with inappropriate content
DVDs, CDs, VHS, or cassette tapes